1 the condition of being suitable; "they had to prove their fitness for the position" [syn: fittingness] [ant: unfitness]
2 good physical condition; being in shape or in condition [syn: physical fitness, good shape, good condition] [ant: unfitness]
3 fitness to traverse the seas [syn: seaworthiness]
4 the quality of being qualified
- the cultivation of an attractive and healthy physique
- the ability to perform a function
cultivation of an attractive and healthy physique
- Finnish: kuntoilu
Fitness may mean: The state of being physically active on a regular basis to maintain good physical condition.
- Physical fitness, a general state of good health, usually as a result of exercise and nutrition
- Cardiorespiratory fitness
- Fitness (biology), an individual's ability to propagate its genes
- Fitness competition, a form of physique training for women, related to bodybuilding.
- In mathematics and computer science, the degree to which a given function is optimized; see optimization (mathematics) or Fitness (genetic algorithm)
- The Fitness, an electric band.
fitness in Italian: Fitness
Hygeia, ability, ableness, acceptability, account, adequacy, admissibility, advantage, advantageousness, advisability, applicability, appositeness, appropriateness, aptitude, aptness, auspiciousness, becomingness, beneficialness, bloom, caliber, capability, capableness, capacity, chargedness, civility, competence, competency, condition, convenience, correctitude, correctness, criticality, crucialness, decencies, decency, decorousness, decorum, desirability, efficacy, efficiency, eligibility, eligible, emotional health, expedience, expediency, facility, faculty, favorableness, feasibility, felicitousness, felicity, fettle, fine fettle, fittedness, fittingness, flair, flush, fruitfulness, genius, genteelness, gentility, glow, good shape, goodness, happiness, harmony, health, healthiness, kilter, loadedness, mastery, maturity, meetness, mental health, niceness, normality, normativeness, opportuneness, order, percentage, pertinence, physical condition, physical fitness, politicness, pregnancy, preparedness, proficiency, profit, profitability, properness, propitiousness, proprieties, propriety, prudence, qualification, readiness, relevance, repair, righteousness, rightness, ripeness, rosiness, salubriousness, salubrity, seasonableness, seasoning, seemliness, service, serviceability, shape, sufficiency, suitability, suitableness, suitedness, susceptibility, talent, tempering, the goods, the stuff, timeliness, tone, trim, urbanity, use, usefulness, utility, vigor, well-being, what it takes, wholesomeness, wisdom, worthiness, worthwhileness